In many of the discussions related to the teachers, in this forum, it has have repeatedly mentioned that aided school teachers are not govt employees though they get salary, pension etc. from the state govt. They are controlled by DSE in the matter of pay and allowances. Moreover, I have heard many of my friends/relatives working in PSU to describe themselves as govt. employees. They are boastful because that get more salary and benefits than those of “normal govt. employees” of equivalent status. It has created a lot of confusion in me!
Now I place these queries in this forum:
(1) Who are the so called “normal govt. employees”?
(2) If PSU employees are govt. employees why can’t the teachers of aided/sponsored schools get the status of govt. employees?
(3) Is there any practical difference between a govt. organisation and a PSU ?
(4) What is the difference between a PSU and a Pvt. Co. when both are making profit by selling products?
(5) Indian Rly, Dept. of Posts, BSNL, SAIL, Nationalised Banks like SBI, UBI etc, State Transport Corpns., Air India etc. – Are they all PSUs because of making profits?
(6)Why are not Income Tax Deptt., Customs & Excise dept., Sales Tax dept. etc. called PSUs?
No, all the PSUs are not Autonomous Bodies. The Autonomous Bodies enjoy autonomy in respect of their internal administration/management which is free from govt. control. All the non-profitable Autonomous Bodies are financed wholly or substantially (>50% of expenditure) from the cess or the govt. grants. It mainly includes Govt. Statutory Bodies, Govt. Universities, Scientific Research institutes, Agricultural Research Institutes etc. . On the other hand, Nationalised Banks, RBI, SBI, LICI, National Insurance Co.Ltd., New India Assurance Co. etc. are profit-making Autonomous Bodies.
Who says govt aided school teachers are not govt employees.employees whose salary is carried by govt fully are all govt employees.psc and wbssc are different type of institution under same roof and they have separate rules.so by not getting el or Ltc as psc teachers does not make a wbssc teacher a private employee.