Re: 78-SE /1M-18/93 dated 18.05.1995 GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Education (School) Department
Bikash Bhaban, Salt Lake, Calcutta – 91
No. 78-SE /1M-18/93, Dated, Calcutta, the 18th May, 1995 MEMORANDUM
1. A question has been raised whether an employee recruited in a Recognised Non-Government Educational Institution after circulation Govt. Order No 136-Edn. dt. 15.5.85 shall be required to exercise option to come under the preview of the West Bengal Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution Employees (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1981.
2. The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that after careful consideration the Governor has been pleased to decide that employees recruited after period of 90 days from the date of circulation of the Govt. order No. 136-Edn. dt. 15.5.85 in Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution shall come under the preview of the West Bengal Recognised Non-Govt. Educational Institution (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1981 and they shall have to exercise option in terms of para 4 of the said Scheme within a period of 90 (ninety) days from the date of their appointment of by 15.3.92 whichever is later, failing which it shall be presumed that they have opted for the Pension-cum-Gratuity benefit under the scheme.
3. The provision under para 5 (a) and 5 (c) of the Govt. Order No. 136-Edn. dt. 15.5.85 shall stand modified to the above extent.
4. The order issues with the concurrence of the Finance Deptt. vide their U.O. No. Group J (Pen) 19 dated 13.4.95.
5. The Deptt. Memo No. 229-Edn. dt. 12.8.93 shall stand amended to the above extent. Joint Secretary.