- This Question is empty.
April 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm #67385
permission for higher education
i am a diploma engineer and working as a assitant teacher in work education since 2001.i was selected through school service commission.then diploma engr. have not allowed to sit for in this exam.
they are now exemted .then i have done B.A(pass) & recently doing M.A (english).i donot want to claim higher scale but want to sit for SSC(SCHOOL SERVICE COMMISSION0 )exam as B.A(english)pass or M.A (english).so whose permission is needed (school managing committe or d.i.e).as M.A shall i get higher scale? please help me.April 18, 2012 at 4:32 pm #72087
Re: permission for higher education
I think the following order will give all answers of your queries.
As per para 3, It is not required to take any permission from D.I. if you dont wish to claim any higher scale or additional increment.
Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
No. 593-SE / ES/O/B/1M-98/2007 Date: 27.11.2007
The School Education Department, Government of West Bengal considers it necessary to publish an order specify the manner in which a teacher appointed in Honours Graduate / Post Graduate scale of pay will be entitled to claim any additional increment and higher scale of pay upon acquiring Post Graduate or any Higher Diploma, Degree under section 14(3) of the West Bengal Schools Control of Expenditure) Act, 2005.
1. All the teachers teaching in different State Aided Schools will have to take prior permission from the Managing Committee / Ad-Hoc Committee / Administrator as the case may be to enroll themselves and to appear for any examination for enhancement of educational qualification. The Managing Committee being ‘Competent Authority’ in such case will take a decision in its next meeting and convey its decision to the teacher concerned immediately. A copy of the decision of the Managing Committee will be forwarded to the office of the D.I. of Schools (SE) of the concerned district.
2. The applicant teacher thereafter, will, if necessary, apply for leave / special leave / study leave as the case may be (along with the resolution of the Managing Committee) to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (which is the Competent Authority in this case) through the Managing Committee of the Schools.
3. The teacher is required to seek prior permission of concerned District Inspector of Schools (SE) (only when he / she wants to claim additional increment /higher scale of pay etc. for obtaining such higher qualification) through the Managing Committee of the School.
4. Provided further that no such permission can be granted on any ground to any teacher who has entered the service / joined the School with Graduate Degree and with a graduate scale of pay [Any Managing Committee of any School recommending such case and of any District Inspector of Schools granting such prayer will be treated as an ‘Offender’ under West Bengal Schools (Control of Expenditure) Act, 2005]
5. The course to be studied should be relevant to the subjects studied in Under Graduate Honours / Post Graduate Course of the applicant teacher and none other. The Deemed University / University etc. conducting the examination must be affiliated to UGC.
6. Prayers from teachers who have already secured higher qualification observing the procedure mentioned above and who have submitted his / her claim to concerned District Inspector of Schools with a complete set of papers like certificate, resolution of Managing Committee etc. before the introduction of West Bengal Schools (Control of Expenditure) Act, 2005 may be considered only by the District Inspector of Schools (SE) with the approval of Director of Schools Education, West Bengal only after examining the staffing pattern, vacancy positions etc. of the schools concerned.
7. No such prayer for higher scale of pay from any teacher with Graduate Degree and Graduate scale of pay at the time of entry into service / joining the Schools will be entertained no matter whether he / she has secured this higher qualification before or after introduction of West Bengal Schools (Control of Expenditure) Act, 2005.
8. Henceforth no permission will be accorded for securing higher qualification for obtaining higher scale of pay to any Assistant Teacher and / or to any Assistant Teacher over 50 years of age serving in any junior high school or any school respectively.
9. This order will replace all earlier orders published in this matter before the date of coming into effect of West Bengal Schools (Control of Expenditure) Act, 2005, No. 1595-SE(S) dated 26.12.2005 also stands modified.
Joint SecretaryJuly 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm #73369
Re: permission for higher education
this order prohobits the pass grad. teachers in doing M.A/ higher edu. is there any latest news / remedy so that a pass grad teacher can be allowed to do M.A ??????July 27, 2012 at 6:52 am #73426
Re: permission for higher education
well. as per my understanding, if You do not claim any higher increment, and do not disturb your daily routine, you can do your higher studies. There is a judgment by the Hon’ble Calcutta High Court on 11.2.2011. which can be set as a precedent. But as I said, two conditions
1. NO DEMAND FOR HIGHER SCALE OF PAY
2. NO DEMAND FOR SPECIAL LEAVE.August 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm #73695
Prior permission should invariably be taken from the school authority for pursuing study for enhancement of qualification. It is necessary for correspondence courses also. See the G.O. No. 548-SE(S) dated 24.06.1997 and No. 593-SE /ES/O/B/1M-98/2007 dated 27.11.2007. Best wishes. G.O. for Permission for higher degree.pdfAugust 27, 2012 at 5:54 am #73803
I have applied for MA in history for enhancing my qualification. I had applied to school on 17.01.2000. School has given me the permission on 24.01.2000. After that I take the admission for MA in distance mode on 01.02.2000. And managing committee had sent the application to DI on 17.2.2000. Now when I have applied for increment DI reject the application by citing G.O. No. 548-SE(S) dated 24.6.97. But I get the approval from DI for appearing the examination before the part I exam. Now I want to know is this right decision.August 31, 2012 at 6:03 pm #73890
I have applied for MA in history for enhancing my qualification…….. on 17.01.2000. …..when I have applied for increment DI reject the application by citing G.O. No. 548-SE(S) dated 24.6.97. But I get the approval from DI for appearing the examination before the part I exam. ……….. is this right decision.
Yes, DI has taken right decision in terms of clarifications made in G.O. dated 24.06.97 because you did not take prior permission from DI for appearing in M.A. Part-II exam (Final). Be logical in your claim. You yourself admit that you have prayed to DI for increment after you passed in M.A. final exam and, not after passing in Part-I -Why? Because you know that increment would be admissible only after completion of the M.A. course by way of passing final exam. In that case you will be eligible for increment. But, you did not take approval for final exam. that is to say, you did not seek approval for completion of course. Hence, no increment for an incomplete course as per the records available to DI!September 1, 2012 at 5:42 am #73901
No no there some mistake….DI has given me the approval before the appearing in the examination i.e. ma part 1. but my enrollment/admission date is 1.2.2000 and managing committee has sent the application with resulation which also done before my admission to DI on 17.02.2000. Just because my school committee has sent the letter to DI 15 days after my admission,how they can reject? I have DI approval for rest of the things and applied for increment after passing the exam but they reject this on this ground citing that law on 01.08.2012. They have taken a long time to tell that.September 1, 2012 at 7:28 am #73907
No no there some mistake….DI has given me the approval ……..I have DI approval for rest of the things ………. but they reject this on this ground citing that law on 01.08.2012. They have taken a long time to tell that.
What “LAW” was referred to by DI as the ground of rejection of your claim? What is there in that LAW?
You took prior permission from MC & DI for MA in year 2000 and passed the final exam. What’s the problem! Whether you were recruited as an AT of Pass Category?? Whether you applied to DI for increment after Aug,2005?September 3, 2012 at 4:58 am #73933
They citing the G.O. No. 548-SE(S) dated 24.6.97. They are telling that your admission date is 1.2.2000 and managing committee had sent the doc to DI for approval on 17.2.2000. Because of 15 days gap they reject my application. If DI has any objection then he should tell me before giving the permission. Now why they are not giving me the increment, I don’t understand. Just because managing committee has sent the application 15 days later,how they can reject the same? What was my fault? I have applied to the managing committee prior my admission and resulation made by school committee before my admission. and also DI has approved the same before my appearance in the exam. but they are telling that application should sent to DI for approval before admission. If he had any problem he should not give the approval for examination. That’s my question.
- You must be logged in to reply to this Question.