Ration Allowance for the Kolkata & West Bengal Police
September 2, 2012 at 12:32 am #67845
It was a myth that the Employees of the Central Para Military Force are enjoying Tax Free Ration Allowance, but I have found the following order which break the myth relating to this. It is an order for the Railway Protection Force.
Here is the order: –
Revision in the rate of Ration Money Allowance in respect of Non-Gazetted RPF/RPSF personnel
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
PC VI No.111
New Delhi,dated 10.06.2009
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways and Production Units
DG & Ex. Officio GM/RDSO.
Sub: Revision in the rate of Ration Money Allowance in respect of Non-Gazetted RPF/RPSF personnel.
In terms of Board’s letter of even number dated 23.09.2008, non-gazetted RPF/RPSF personnel upto the rank of Inspector Grade-I, scale Rs.6500 – 10500 were entitled for Ration Money Allowance at par with Central Para Military Force(CPMF) personnel i.e. @ Rs.861/- per head per month w.e.f. 01.04.2008 to 31.03.2009.
2. Pursuant to recommendation of VI CPC the Government have allowed the payment of Ration Money Allowance to CPMF personnel on par with that available to Defence Forces. In view of this it has been decided that the rate of Ration Money Allowance in respect of non-gazetted RPF/RPSF personnel upto the rank of Inspector Grade-I scale Rs.6500-10500 may be revised from Rs.861 p.m. to Rs.36.91 per day head w.e.f.01.09.2008 to 31.03.2009 in line with the rate laid down by the Ministry of Home Affairs for non-gazetted combatised CPMF personnel.
3. Accordingly, sanction of the Ministry of Railways is hereby accorded postfacto to revise the rate of Ration Money Allowance from Rs.861 p.m. to Rs.36.91 per day per head w.e.f.01.09.2008 to 31.03.2009.
4. Ration Money Allowance is not exempted from the purview of Income Tax and hence this Allowance is to be treated as income for the purpose of computation and Income Tax deducted at source. The other terms and conditions as stipulated in para 3(a) & (b) of Board’s letter No.E(P&A)I-98/ALL/RPF/1 dated 01.04.1998 shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
So brothers & friends of Kolkata & West Bengal Police force, please have a look at the above order and act as per during the calculation of Income Tax.
Tanmoy BandyopadhyaySeptember 2, 2012 at 2:56 am #73921
@Tonmoy: Thanks for providing the importent information along with the Order. I would like to inform you that this Order was first published in http://www.indianrailways.gov.in and thats why, according to guidelines for posting is this forum, a credit should be given to the source otherwise google will punish us. Please dont mind, I have edited your post and did the same. I would also like to request you to follow the same as far as possible. Your kind co-operation is highly solicited.September 2, 2012 at 3:03 am #73922
Dear Som Sir,
Actually, I got that order from one of my new friend from RPSF on way to my recent visit to Murshidabad recently. I also like to state that I am fully unaware regarding the publication of the same in Indian Railways Website. I feel extremely sorry. Thanks for your humble guide.
Tanmoy BandyopdhyaySeptember 2, 2012 at 3:09 am #73923
Its ok friend and no sir with som please
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.