Supression of Fact about the Present Employment
August 2, 2012 at 6:56 pm #67767
I am an group A officer under govt. of west bengal in the dept. of agriculture. i have applied for the post of junior scientist cum assistant professor at university of bihar. i have not mentioned anything about my present employment and not taken any NOC from the present employer, even i have not informed anything to my present employer. i have supreesed the real fact to both the university authority and the present employer. now i have received the interview letter and the interview date is 23-08-12. i would like to resign from my present job if i got the new one. now i want your valuable suggession about the following question-
1. is it compulsory to take NOC from Present employer?
2. can supression of fact hamper my future career ?
3. can the university authority take any action in future if i join in new job ?
4. is there any way of solution in my present condition ?
pls help me, i am very much anxious about the matter.August 3, 2012 at 11:17 am #73531
If u applied for the post after joining Government of West Bengal then it is compulsory to apply for NOC.
and the fact is if u got selected at that post which u r applied and still u do not get any NOC from WB Govt then u can resign the post and u can join to ur new job.
if u still not applied then immediately applied through proper Chanel and go to NS building personally to check whether they forwarded to the Principal secretary or not..
ur interview on 28th Auguest still u have much more time…
Xerox copy of interview letter must be attached with application form..August 4, 2012 at 7:27 am #73546
thank you for your opinion but i also need the opinion of others on this matter. pls write something and help me.August 4, 2012 at 11:27 am #73547
If you want to enjoy the benefit of ”service continuation” then you should inform your present employer. Otherwise you can join at the new place as a fresher candidate.August 9, 2012 at 3:44 pm #73602
i am not interested for service continuation i just want to know about my future.August 9, 2012 at 6:35 pm #73606
If you do not claim service continuation or expect any kind of financial liability from w.b. govt in future and join the new service as a fresher then you would not face any problems. Just resign the present post on personal ground and keep the fact suppressed for lifeAugust 11, 2012 at 3:53 pm #73612
thanks for opinion. the viewer are also requested to put their comment.August 12, 2012 at 9:40 am #73615
There is nothing wrong to choose a better opportunity. It appears that your new job do not bother about NOC/ Exp certificate etc. So, no worry. You can start a fresh career. Good luck for 23/08/12.August 26, 2012 at 7:08 am #73787
Quite common act! Incumbents don’t claim past service benefits as it is not usually allowed by the non-govt. Universites/Colleges though the applications are routed through proper channel. OR, they want to do hassle free and speedy exercise by ignoring small gains from the govt.This is very much logical for temporary employees who have not got their jobs secured under the govt. – have less obligations to the govt. and vice versa.
Let me try to understand your points:
(1) NOC i.e. “NO OBJECTION certificate” – WHO seeks NOC – WHY? WHO issues NOC – WHY –HOW? WHO is there to object to your act – WHY – HOW?
Since you have disclosed neither to the employer nor to the Bihar Univ., none of them are officially informed/aware. So, Univ. is not in a position to ask for NOC because you are a “fresh candidate” to them. Office can’t issue NOC as it is not taken to their knowledge prior to your applying for the new job.
(2) Suppression of facts – usually used in a negative sense. Facts that were suppressed could have been hampered/threatened the normal functioning of the office. How is it possible especially when you desire to be engaged in a teaching job.
(3) On selection to the post in the university, if you resign exclusively ON PERSONAL GROUND and that resignation is accepted (particularly after VIGILANCE CLEARANCE) by the competent authority AND, you are relieved of the duty in state govt. service after observance of codal formalities, there shall be NO OBJECTION from the office side.
(4) Problem may arise in future in the university if some of your “proactive “ friends(!) brings your past record to the notice of the university. You will be in a tough position as you have declared something like “……….the statements made above or the information furnished by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief” in the Applcn. Form. But, generally it rarely happens! Everything shall depend on the university in such a situation.
I don’t think you will be in problem in future as you are going to secure a better position by your own merit and, that too, in a honest profession, with a dedication to contribute towards advancement of higher education in the country.
Good luck!September 3, 2012 at 7:41 am #73934
many many thanks for your opinion
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.